Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yay! Another wedding survey!

1. What month and year were you married?
June 2007!

2. How did he ask you?
I knew it was going to be that night. Jason's roommate came into the Brick Oven and told me he went with Jason to get the ring and it had to happen that night because I was to meet his parents the next morning and I didn't want to meet them as just the "girlfriend." He officially proposed right after I got off work from the Brick Oven (so I smelled like ranch dressing, and garlic bread) in a secret location. He got down on one knee (which was pretty impressive for where we were) told me he loved me and stuck the ring on my finger. So cheesy romantical, but perfect!

3. Where did you honeymoon?
We went to the Zermatt for our wedding night and the next day we flew on the most annoying flight ever to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida to go on our cruise... Our airline lost our luggage. Jason's suitcase showed up later that night on our cruise, but mine didn't show up until the next night!!! It was horrible!!!! The rest of the cruise was amazing though, and I did end up getting a new outfit on the cruise because I didn't have any clothes.

4. Can you still fit your dress?
Yeah, I just tried tonight! It is a bit snug, but I've been meaning to lose a little bit of weight anyways!

5. What was the worst gift you got?
Some really ugly weird wooden dolls with yarn for hair.

6. What flavor was your wedding cake?
Chocolate for the Utah cake and white cake for the Montana reception.

7. Were you a bridezilla?
Not until we got the luncheon and everyone kept asking what took us so long and in all reality we were taking pictures and then had gotten stuck in stupid traffic! After that I was fine again. Of course there were a few shockers that gave me a bit of an edge, but I didn't freak out on anyone.

8. What's one thing you would change about your wedding?
Not as many pictures of Preston... Another reason why I want to take more wedding pictures.

9. Do you still look at your wedding pictures?
I have them all over my apartment and my computer, it would be hard NOT to look at them.

10. What colors did you use?
Red, orange, and yellow.

11. Where did you tie the knot?
The Salt Lake Temple!

12. What's one funny thing that happened that day?
After looking at our wedding reception pictures we realized my little sisters' good friend Preston, was in more pictures at our reception than we were! (Probably due to the fact we were stuck in the line from 7:00-9:30) We did thankfully get some first dance pictures.

13. How many showers did you have?
A brick oven shower, a family shower, and a friend shower. All were great! I did not get one dirty thing from any of the parties! Haha, thank heavens!

15. Did you give any wedding favors away?
No, we had great refreshments though! Chocolate fountain all the way!

16. Who caught the flowers and garter?
Didn't throw them, we didn't have time. Haha.

17. Who was your officiant or minister?
We had a temple sealer.

18. How much was your wedding dress, undergarments and all?
I can't really remember... I payed for the dress myself I think it was about 800 and I didn't need a slip, I didn't do a veil either, there wasn't one that I fell in love with so I decided I didn't care that much anyways.

19. Was there dancing?
Ya of course, not a ton, but there was dancing. We even had a wedding singer, well, actually two. Jason's aunt and her husband sing at weddings all the time and they were AMAZING!!!! They even learned our two songs to play and sing for us!

20. Where was the reception?
Up at Mt. Timpanogos Park, it was beautiful!!!!! My cousin did all of the decorating and the weather was perfect!

21. Would you go back and do it over again?
Anyday! I would love to marry Jason again, best day of my life. The smartest thing I've ever done!

22. How long did you have to plan your wedding?
About 3 months... We actually kept contemplating eloping to the Vegas temple, but decided it would be much much better for us to have the entire family and all of our friends involved.

23. What kind of car were you in when you drove away?
Our beautiful Acura TL.

24. How many in your wedding party?
We didn't really do anything super traditional. I did have Janna, Kate, Penny, Caidy, and Metta dressed in Orange. The mother's and father's, my grandparents and my brother.

25. Did you do anything different in your wedding or reception?
A lot! We didn't have the traditional garter fling or the bouquet toss. No father daughter or mother son dance.

26. Did you save the top layer of your cake for your 1 year anniversary?
We certainly did! We kept the top of our Montana cake and brought it back with us and it was delicious!! (Check our 1 year anniversary post for pictures)

27. If you saved your cake, did you eat it?
Of course!

28. What was the grand total spent your wedding?
I have no idea. I don't think anyone does, there was money coming from all over the place to pay for that thing it was incredible! Thank you everyone!

4 comments:

whit & dan said...

yay. i am so happy i found your blog. how have you been and where are you these days?

JP said...

I saw your post on my blog, I'm glad you stopped by.
your blog is cute, so is Janas, I used your link to go to hers also.
We'll have to keep in touch through blogging. see you later

Laura said...

You had such cute, cute wedding reception! I loved all the colors and decorations.

I wish there were still thunder and rain :( I love it! I'm glad you also like the haircut. I've tried growing it out, but never can...ever. How's school?

Steve and Hailey said...

Yeah! That was so fun! I was thinking of getting some new wedding pictures with my new wedding ring. Do you think Steve will go for it?