Monday, August 11, 2008

Morning of surprises.

This morning at around 11 we got a knock on our door. Jason got really excited telling me to hurry and open it because it was the FedEx man bringing his birthday present. I jumped up and the doorbell rang again and there was continuous knocking. I opened the door and instead of the FedEx man there was a police officer!
"Is Jessica Fuentes here?"
I quickly told him that she did not live here. He then asked which one of us had lived here longer. I told him we were married and that we have lived here since the end of last August. The officer looked a little bit shocked. He asked if we had ever met Jessica Fuentes, which we haven't. We told him that we had been receiving their mail and phone calls for the past year and have always written "Moved, Please FWD to new address." He asked if we had a forwarding address for Jessica, and of course we didn't! We told him to check with the office and maybe they did. The officer then said, "Well, if you hear from her... Nevermind." Then he left.
Honestly, we have been getting Jessica & Alberto Fuentes' mail and people have been calling for them for a year now.

That was the first time I have ever had a police officer come knocking on my door. I am certainly glad that he wasn't there for me and I hope I never do anything that would warrant a police officer to come to my home in the first place.

3 comments:

Tanner Mills said...

criminals!

Erich and Katie said...

that is too wierd! Hey I have a girl in my RS wanting a cake made. i wanted to see if you are up for it. It is for her daughters birthday and wants it to be a Wall*E cake. She has the pan and all for the shape, it will just need some decoration on the top. She said she would pay someone. Give me your email, she sent me pictures if you would like to see!!

Seth and Mariah said...

That is so interesting...doesn't make you really want to know what he was going to say if you saw her. I am so curious like that. Scary. It is crazy how you can get all nervous and you didn't do anything wrong... I know the feeling.