Monday, January 19, 2009

Israel PICTURES!

1/17/2009
Now that we are a little bit more settled in, I have decided to do another vacation picture post!! Yay!

This is something we saw at the airport and thought it was just too funny! An iPod VENDING MACHINE!!! Don't worry, it takes credit cards. ;)


This is at the airport in Israel, obviously.



This is Jason and me in the garden of Gethsemane.



This is a picture taken by Denny on the sea of Galilee.


This is a Caption explaining what the picture after it is. 
Our tour guide said Jesus sat on this chair. It is the original chair from 2000 years ago. 



This is Jason and me in front of the Jordan river.


This is the 2000 year old boat that was found intact in the sea of Galilee. They had to put foam around it and transfer it to the facility it is in now, and then they had to replace the water inside the wood with wax so the boat wouldn't turn to dust.



Us in front of the garden tomb... Ok, it's just the sign telling us we were almost there, we just had to wait until the place opened so we could go in and see what people believe is the actual garden tomb.


Sitting on steps that were 2000 years old that Jesus walked on.



Jason and Denny at the wailing wall. They weren't allowed to go down unless they had their heads covered.



That's all the pictures I can upload today, aka I'm sick of waiting for the pictures to upload.

5 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

Holy smokes what an amazing trip/experience that must have been! I love the pictures. And that I pod vending machine is unreal!

Holly said...

What a cool Trip. You just need to get Jason to smile a little more.

Steve and Hailey said...

Wow, that is so amazing! What an awesome experience. I'm glad you posted at least a few pics of your trip.

Laura said...

I love all these pictures. Really cool! I want to get together with the girls and I'm trying to figure out when everyone is available. When are you free?

The Yates said...

what an amazing trip!