Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday Weekend

 Crazy weekend! 

Friday I skipped school and went up to Salt Lake with my mom, dad, Tanner, Janna, Kate, and Penny. Jason had school and couldn't skip, so he wasn't able to come. We went to the Lion House for lunch, it was super good! Then we walked around temple square, took a LOT of pictures, and went to the visitors center. We then went to the Gateway mall. We walked around for a while and went into a kitchen store. As I was looking at the baking things a guy who worked there came up to my mom and me and told us there was a woman in the back promoting her new cookbook and there was food. I went back there and realized I had seen the book before on a blog of a girl who was in my home ward growing up. The book was written by her mother-in-law! I introduced myself and my mom and we eventually bought the cookbook. The recipes are so simple to make and taste really good. We shopped around for a little bit longer, and then my family left. I stayed at the Gateway for about 10 minutes and then Jason picked me up and we were on our way to the BYU vs. USU football game. Jason and I got there a little late and met his parents up there. The game was a lot of fun! The referees were annoying and stupid, but the game was fun. 
The next day Jason's parents went up to conference and then the Weber state vs. MSUB football game, and Jason and I stayed at home and watched General Conference. In between sessions we went to the mall so I could try to figure out what I wanted for my birthday... I ended up not finding anything, but we did get some coldstone ice cream and then go back home to watch more conference.  When Jason's parents got back we went to Los Hermonos for dinner. It was so funny! Denny kept talking to our waiter, as usual. Denny eventually told the waiter he was Norwegian. The waiter told us there was someone who worked there from Norway, and he called her over. Denny said something to her in norwegian, and she responded and he said something else, and she replied, and then he switched to english and asked her what part of Norway she was from. She looked at Denny and said, "Is that all you know, that isn't even very impressive." It was so stinking hilarious (maybe you had to be there). They finished their conversation in english and then as we were walking to our car on the way home Jason told me what Denny had said. It was something along the line of, "Do you speak Norwegian?" "I speak Norwegian." It was hilarious.
Sunday we watched general conference on tv and then went to my moms house, had dinner and then my mom gave me a BEAUTIFUL bracelet and pair of earrings! They are both stunning! 
Today was a little hectic! We went to breakfast and then Jason and I had to go to school. Right after school I had to rush to the store and then rush to work. Work was great. The kids were so good today! I share my birthday with twins in my class so I brought them a treat and little cupcakes for the rest of the class. After work we went to PF Changs and had dinner and then came home and opened presents. 

I have had such a fantastic birthday this year! I got to spend so much time with my family and Jason's family, it's so great to be able to spend time with everyone. 

2 comments:

Dave and Michelle Howell said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday. Will you post a pic of the stunning jewelry so we can see it?

Janna Mills said...

yay! shannon this is so happy! i'm so so glad we both skipped school on friday so we could play! :D