Sunday, June 03, 2012

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

We had thought about doing a tea party in "celebraton" of the Queen's diamond jubilee, but two out of the three mommy-daughter's were out of town. :(
Evie and I had cucumber sandwiches for lunch on Friday, they turned out pretty good.
This morning we decided to have scones for breakfast. I found a recipe online and instead of using raisins we used chocolate chips.



Here's Evie waiting for the scones.




Yum! (except the bottoms were a little burnt, while the tops were perfect)



Evie ate quite a few, as did I (after cutting off the burnt bottoms).




Watching the Thames diamond jubilee pageant. (Pretty much a river parade. Jason commented on how the boats should be decorated like Harry potter and Lord of the Rings) haha! That would have been fun. It's been interesting watching the boat parade, but I am really glad parades here -like the independence day parade- are more entertaining.


 - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fun idea Shannon!!! Cute pictures. I love scones... YUM!