Just to document. I don't think I took any pictures. Yes, I'm a slacker, oh well.
Valentine's started off at 7 am. Thank you Evie for my first Valentine present of the day (sleeping in). Shortly thereafter we took Jason to school.
While at home we cleaned up, and of course we played, then eventually napped.
After we finally got Jason, later in the afternoon, he said we had to pick something up. So off we went on a little adventure... Aka turning into two different shopping centers before finally finding the right place. We drove past a spa but didn't stop there. A couple of shops down he found what he was looking for and came back out with a beautiful, and delicious, edible arrangement. When we got home we all partook of some chocolate covered strawberries before going out for dinner.
Side story:
Probably two weeks before Valentine's, Jason told me we could finally go to the melting pot. They had a lunch special going on for $45 for a couple including tax and tip. I was stoked. I called and made a reservation. Except the reservation was more than a reservation because I had to pay for it right then on the phone in order to "reserve" a table at that time for that price (which was at 11 am). So I did! It was the last time left, I had to act. Unfortunately, I was really dumb and forgot to check Jason's schedule before purchasing. Oops. I found out Jason had a required class that he wouldn't be able to get out of and he wouldn't be finished until way later that afternoon. Gah! I sent out an email and someone graciously (although they were pretty lucky being able to eat there for $45) bought the reservation from me. Although after that we didn't really have a place we were going to eat. Pesce Fresco was booked up and we decided the Crepe place we thought of going to would be better on a less important day (neither of us had been to it and we didn't want it to make us sick or have it turn out to be gross on Valentine's day).
We went to Olive Garden around 4. Good thing we did because as we were leaving around 5:30 the place was pretty packed. The food was delicious as usual.
When we got home Evie and I played for a little bit before bedtime and Jason went right back to studying.
It was a really nice and delicious way to spend the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment