Monday, February 04, 2008

green dots.

It has been a while since I have posted anything here. It's kind of weird, and here is why. Last semester I asked Jason if I could borrow his laptop at least once a week over the length of that semester. He would usually let me borrow it, unless he needed it to study. I have a desktop that he could have used but our apartment only has wireless internet so we couldn't use that for internet. I would also ask him to use it for homework, and being the amazing husband that he is, he let me. He also came up with a plan for us. I was to set aside a certain amount of money each month and save up for one so we could have enough money saved up for us to get me a laptop by my birthday. A few months earlier Jason told me we could get me a laptop if I could get a pell grant to pay for school so we didn't have to pay for it. Fall semester I wasn't eligible for one, so we weren't sure if I would get one for spring semester. So I had two choices. I tried to get the pell grant for the spring semester. I went in and talked with them quite a few times and tried to figure out what I needed to do which consisted a whole bunch of paperwork. A few weeks of fighting the system and I decided it wasn't really worth it. I would save the money and just wait until October for the laptop. Jason and I talked about it and we decided I should try one more time to get things set up for the grant. I went back, spoke with them again and they told me I had qualified for the grant. So, Long story short, I have a laptop. It's a cute little white macbook. (White, so Jason and I don't get ours mixed up.) It's got a cute little white case with green polka dots.

No comments: