We went to our 39 week Dr appointment at around 10 am. Had an ultrasound to check fluid levels and position of baby. Fluid levels were excellent, and baby was positioned ready to go. Dr. then checked dilation and effacement. I had only progressed from a 1 to a 1 1/2, and was still at 50% effaced. I was a little disappointed, but the books said that you can progress pretty quickly when the baby decides to come.
We got home, watched some tv, I walked around the apartment a bit, and then around 2 I decided to take a nap.
I woke up around 3 (maybe 3:15) pm from a painful contraction. I had another one probably about 10 minutes after that, and decided I should start timing them.
This is a sample of how far apart contractions were when I started timing them at around 3:30 to 4:34: (This is not all of the contractions, just some of them from that time period)
6m 1s
8m 27s
5m 24s
4m 15s
1m 15s
3m 46s
2m 34s
1m 22s
54s
1m 25s
At about 4 pm we went and picked up pizza for dinner (I thought if we didn't get something to eat, who knew when I would be able to once I was admitted to the hospital)
When we got home the contractions were getting really close together and were quite painful! I called my dr and they told us to go to the hospital. (I ended up only eating 1/2 of a small piece of pizza)... We grabbed our bags and my gatorade from the fridge and headed to the hospital! Excited, in pain from the contractions, and really really hoping the hospital wouldn't send us home, we were on our way! I always hear about women who go to the hospital thinking they are ready to have their baby and get sent home because their contractions weren't close enough together, or they hadn't progressed enough, and I really didn't want that to happen to me!
We got to the hospital, and instead of using the valet parking, we parked ourselves. I even grabbed my own bag (Jason offered to carry it, but I hoped carrying it myself and walking would help progress labor) and walked into the hospital and up to labor and delivery...
Part 2 coming soon... (Hopefully it won't take as long to get that one up)
1 comment:
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait to hear the rest!!
Post a Comment