
On Sunday evening while Jason and I were at my parents house for dinner I noticed a book on the couch, "The Time Traveler's Wife." I immediately picked it up and started reading it. Janna came upstairs and told me it was her book, I just couldn't put it down. I kept reading through dinner and caught up to where Janna was in the book, and then passed her. Our laundry was finished and it was time to go, but I couldn't convince Janna to let me take it.
Monday morning I got up and watched tv wishing I could read the book instead. I went to school and in class I texted Janna and she said she didn't even have a chance to read the book while she was at, which is why she wouldn't let me borrow the book.
Monday evening: We went to see Joseph at the Scera Shell with my family. Janna showed up with the infamous book in her purse. She went to get a chair, and I took the book. I read and read and eventually Janna realized her book was gone. She was engrossed in the play and let me read. I asked her when the play was over if I could just take it home and finish the book, she relented and I got to read the book, in exchange for editing out the bad parts.
This continued until this morning after class, so let me give you my review...
POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
The book was actually really good! I really enjoyed it. So much better than Twilight. However, there were some bad parts. The book has a LOT of F words. Seriously, there are a lot! There are also some very explicit sex talk/scenes. REALLY EXPLICIT! If you cut those parts out the book is good. It has a great story and plot. It is well written and very interesting. Even though you kind of know what is going to happen, the book is actually suspenseful. The characters were very interesting and developed. I loved the relationship between Henry and Clare, it was believable to me. I didn't like the morals the characters had, but I guess not everyone has high standards, and of course the situation Henry was in, I understand some of his actions.
I would give the book 4 1/2 out of 5 stars, but I am warning you that this book is really graphic. There is a lot of trash and garbage in it. The f word is literally on almost every other page, and there are some very trashy scenes. I wish they could edit trash out of books like clearplay does with movies! I guess you could send me your book and for $5 I'll go through and cut out (black them out) the unnecessary f words and sex scenes, since I've already done it for Janna's book and can just copy my own work. ;) ;)
Anyways...
The movie comes out on August 14th. It looks great.
Oh and the actors who play the characters from the book seem to fit the images of what I had in my head, for the most part.
6 comments:
I've heard of this! Is it also a movie? I would love to read it too!
Yes it is also a movie it comes out on August 14th, and it looks great! When I say graphic sex and swearing I literally mean it, so be warned!
the author might be British or English...there are a few authors I like who are and they definitely overuse the F word, I think it just isn't the same, you know?? Anyway, I have always wished that they made a Clean Flix, except for books..THAT would be soo cool!
I didn't read all of your post because I just started reading it yesterday and I'm hooked! It is interesting!
I'll let you know when I'm done. Then I'll read the rest of your post with the spoilers! :)
so I talked to nicole and read the rest of your post...I was worried you were going to spoil the plot for me yesterday. I see what you mean now. I haven't run into any bad stuff yet...but thanks for the warning. We'll see if I get through the whole thing or not.
I really want to see the movie and then after reading that the book is so addictive I went out to get it today. I thought for sure Costco would have it, but I searched high and low and couldn't find it. boo.
Post a Comment